Vintage aspirations

by girlborris on November 9, 2011 · 6 comments

in 1950s,Introduction

Hello. I’ve been reading the wonderful posts on this site for about 8 or 9 months and have felt so inspired by the beautiful dresses and other creations I’ve seen. I just recieved my first 3 vintage patterns and am excited to say that I cut out the pieces for a pair of pj’s for my sister who doubts my mad sewing skills. I’ll show her!

Will post the pics when I’m finished. Hopefully by the end of the week!

Thanks,

Mina

The pj’s are a 1950 pattern. i’m making view 1-sans lace and pockets.Here are the 2 dress patterns.

girlborris's posts / girlborris's website

Inkdork November 9, 2011 at 8:58 am

These dresses are so cute! Love them! Are you planning on sewing them soon?

Always Alice November 9, 2011 at 9:14 am

looks good! i LOVE Advance patterns too, I think they always sew up so nicely, nothing every too crazy and unpredictable. the directions can be a bit spotty. I find they do run a bit big though too so i always buy a size smaller.

Emily November 9, 2011 at 9:59 am

I have the first dress pattern too! Although I haven’t made it yet. I’ve been looking for the right material. I’ll be interested to see what you come up with. Good luck!

sewlyaharpist November 10, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Emily I think I have that same one at home too…weird! I agree with Alice about Advance patterns, I really like them as well. Can’t wait to see your “mad sewing skills” in action, make sure to keep us posted.

girlborris November 11, 2011 at 2:54 am

I’ve actually come across the first dress pattern 3 times on Ebay and a couple times on pattern vendor sites. I guess it was quite popular. This s my first time working with an unprinted pattern, so far so good.

Ange November 11, 2011 at 3:07 pm

I love it! I have a couple of pj patterns to try also. Using vintage sheets.. I look forward to seeing your progress :)