Vintage aspirations

Hello. I’ve been reading the wonderful posts on this site for about 8 or 9 months and have felt so inspired by the beautiful dresses and other creations I’ve seen. I just recieved my first 3 vintage patterns and am excited to say that I cut out the pieces for a pair of pj’s for my sister who doubts my mad sewing skills. I’ll show her!

Will post the pics when I’m finished. Hopefully by the end of the week!

Thanks,

Mina

The pj’s are a 1950 pattern. i’m making view 1-sans lace and pockets.Here are the 2 dress patterns.

• Meet the Author • girlborris

• These dresses are so cute! Love them! Are you planning on sewing them soon?

• looks good! i LOVE Advance patterns too, I think they always sew up so nicely, nothing every too crazy and unpredictable. the directions can be a bit spotty. I find they do run a bit big though too so i always buy a size smaller.

• I have the first dress pattern too! Although I haven’t made it yet. I’ve been looking for the right material. I’ll be interested to see what you come up with. Good luck!

• Emily I think I have that same one at home too…weird! I agree with Alice about Advance patterns, I really like them as well. Can’t wait to see your “mad sewing skills” in action, make sure to keep us posted.

• I’ve actually come across the first dress pattern 3 times on Ebay and a couple times on pattern vendor sites. I guess it was quite popular. This s my first time working with an unprinted pattern, so far so good.

• I love it! I have a couple of pj patterns to try also. Using vintage sheets.. I look forward to seeing your progress :)

« LAST POST