1970s | Dresses

Simplicity 8702

November 20, 2011

I have finally got some pictures of this completed dress, I have heaps more photos on my blog and a bit of the story of making it.

This is my first whole dress project and was quick to make up, and a first attempt at invisible zipper sewing!

I altered it heavily as I discovered (and suspected) that the lose shift dress is not the best look for me, so adding darts and making it breastfeeding friendly means it looks a bit different to the pattern illustration.

I found the pattern in a second hand shop ages ago, and the fabric was a great trademe (kind of a NZ ebay) find, for about $2 US, the notions were all from my own stash or from my nanas..  I love it!  Just in time for summer, here’s me and my little boy…

  1. Your dress is great! My mother made a dress from this paattern years ago when I was in Primary School in NZ, and now, having seen yours I am going to make one as well! Thanks for the inspiration.

Leave a Reply to Mermaids Purse Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.