≡ Menu

A Bird on the Dress…

I made this dress from some awesome fabric with chickens.  I have no idea why I am drawn to chicken fabric as I am a vegitarian and will be perfectly happy if in my whole life I never go near a farm.  I love the colours though, I think is dress will be great for fall.  I did this pattern with a pleated skirt this time which I like much better.  The belt is from my trusty orange Joe Fresh jacket that it is now too cold to wear.  I love that jacket though, it makes me look like a big orange traffic cone, and I think it got my out of jury duty.

If you want to see more ridiculous prints and hear more insane ramblings, please find me at my blog http://asewingmachineandanumbrella.wordpress.com/

{ 13 comments… add one }
  • Sarah November 15, 2011, 3:17 pm

I’m a vegetarian, too, and I LOVE your chicken dress! The fabric is great, the cut is terrific, and I love the pops of orange. What pattern did you use to make the dress?

• Always Alice November 15, 2011, 3:30 pm

i love this dress! i love it so much i may be coveting it… and who covets anymore anyway? but i do, i covet this dress!

• puu November 15, 2011, 4:50 pm

i think it is neither ridiculous nor insane. it works!

• Lizzy November 15, 2011, 7:22 pm

Love it!! what pattern did you used? how did you do the belt? the fabric is funny and pretty, I am not vegetarian, in fact I eat a LOT of chicken hehehe, sorry!

• christine November 15, 2011, 10:34 pm

amazing fabric– i grew up on a ranch where picking up eggs was my daily chore and i LOVE this! it reminds me of my chicken egg apron i had when i was 10! love love love! i too would like to know that pattern this is!

• wundermary November 16, 2011, 2:30 am

Very nice dress, did you draft this? I was just looking at another dress made from this same fabric in another color way. Great stuff!

• Atomic Mum November 16, 2011, 5:50 am

I just love the way the fabric and dress look together. You have done a nice job.

• hulagirl November 16, 2011, 3:30 pm

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your nice comments! I did draft this pattern myself, but there has to be a similar pattern out there hasn’t there? I didn’t actually make the belt. I had every intention of making one from one of those little vintage do-it-yourself belt kits, but then I remembered I had this belt from a coat it’s too cold to wear at the moment so I decided to save the kit for the next project. I’m super excited to use it though.

• Always Alice November 16, 2011, 4:41 pm

i found this after having some poultry dress fantasies, maybe something in a springtime colorway. with yellow heels…. i love yellow shoes.

• House of pinheiro November 17, 2011, 4:58 pm

Love this

• Jia November 20, 2011, 6:00 am

Chickens make wonderful pets and provide eggs and entertainment. You don’t need to eat their meat to appreciate them!

Nice dress too 🙂