The second thing I managed to do over the weekend was finish a dress I have been working on since the start of the year. I cut this out before we went overseas but never got around to sewing it up. Last Saturday I finally sat down and started and this Saturday I finished it.
The Maria Dress
I used Simplicity 3078 which I used to make my hawaiian dress last year (posted on my old blog). I have one more idea for a dress that I could like to make with this pattern and then I will stop. I think 3 of the same dress will be enough don’t you.
I am calling this the Maria Dress because my friend Maria loves the colour purple and every time I see it I think of her. I am trying to add a few different colours into my sewing because I noticed the other day I tend to use pink, white, red and black quite a lot. I am thinking more yellows and greens are in order. Although I do have a couple more red things up my sleeve.
I am really happy with the inside of this dress. The bodice is lined so I decided to make the skirt and everything as neat as possible too. I get a quiet sense of satisfaction wearing a dress that I know looks just a good on the inside as it does on the outside.
I haven’t been sewing nearly as much as I would like to be so I am really hoping to change that for the rest of the year. I have a list of things I want to make for Christmas presents and for myself for Summer so hopefully I can get cracking and have some more sewing projects to show you soon. For more see my blog!