I have just finished sewing my dress for the 1950s sew-along I had on my blog, and here are the results!
I used a drapey pink rayon for the main body of the dress, along with a lovely rose-print matte satin for the front panel. This is the first time I’ve sewn B4790 using the contrasting fabric option, and I really think I rather like it! I wore a crinoline with the skirt that is specially designed for the walkway dress, and I created a last-minute headpiece to complete the 50s look. I just covered a crinoline frame with taffeta, then decorated it with ribbon and roses. I wore a birdcage veil in front of the headpiece, then flipped it back over the top like Lucille Ball often wore her hats from back then.
The skirt is finished with a lettuce hem edge for the ruffly, almost “flower petal” hem, and I had the pictures taken in a massive rose garden which was the perfect setting for this floral inspired dress. Hope you enjoy the pictures! (You can read all about this dress and how to make a 1950 hairstyle on my blog).