This is what I spent my summer holiday doing: catching up on two personal projects I’ve been trying to finish for ages… lol, a proper “busman’s’ holiday”.
I’ve put up a pdf here that you can download and follow to draft and sew knickers like these to your own measurements. Based on a complete circle they are a very simple construction.
I made the sample in the photos from a metre of silk mousseline and another pair in an apricot coloured crepe de chine.
A very soft cotton lawn or cotton batiste could probably work well too, though I haven’t tried either of those fabrics for myself.
Whatever the fabric it does need to be soft and have a good drape on the bias or they will be very sticky-out-y. They are a very airy cut as it is!
The bra is something else I patterned and made during my at-home-hol. It’s based on a 1940′s bra in my collection.
Been trying to get around to doing that for ages too. Now working on a couple of size grades.
That will be a give-away in the nearish future too.
You can read more at my blog and if you make a pair I’d really love to know