I made it with navy and plaid cotton using this pattern from the Vintage Pattern Lending Library.
I LOVE this pattern so much that I just want to make it over and over, and this is actually the second time that I have made it. I made a few alterations from the pattern instructions this time around. The original dress unbuttons to the waist with the yoke being completely sewn down. Instead of using the facing piece provided for the bodice, I completely lined the inside with plaid and made it open down to the point of the yoke. I did this because I really wanted to add some extra buttons there for aesthetic purposes anyway, so I figured that they may as well be functional. Also, I had a bit of trouble getting in and out of the first dress, so this helped with that as well.
Visit my blog for a few more pictures and details!