Emerald City dress

by Archive from Blogger on August 23, 2011 · 3 comments

in Vintage Sewing

I made this dress to wear to the annual ball of the university residential college I work at. Aside from a glitch (read: disaster!) with my overlocker, the dress went together really well. I’m especially rapt that it turned out so well as it included my first time lining anything, and my first time making and using corded piping.

The pattern I used was Simplicity 4744, which I think is from 1963.
Check out my piping…
…the lining that I’m oh so proud of…

…and my favourite part of the dress – the back tie!

And finally, for those of you that are into that sort of thing…a picture of me in the dress.

(photo disclaimer: taken after a long day at work)

More photos and adventures at my blog

This post was written by...

– who has written 2514 posts on WeSewRetro.com.

Archive from Blogger's posts / Archive from Blogger's website

{ 3 comments… read them below or add one }

Anonymous August 23, 2011 at 7:05 am

Love that lining!!! Your piping is cool too. Nice job.


DrJulieAnn @ Grandma's Sewing Cabinet August 23, 2011 at 10:41 am

Your piping turned out lovely and I love how you used a print for your lining! Beautiful job!


Marie August 23, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Lovely! Your piping looks perfect!


Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: