Mod Arrow Dress Project: Simplicity 8682 from 1969

by Archive from Blogger on July 31, 2011 · 2 comments

in Applique


I used Simplicity 8682 from 1969 to make this green polyester dress. I significantly hemmed it, tailored it, and added white felt applique arrow designs. I also used white ribbon trim at the bottom of the dress.


I like the pop art effect created by using applique to apply everyday objects and symbols to dresses and skirts. I did have some snafus (unfortunately, quite a few) that you can also read about on my blog Sew Sixties.

Happy sewing!
Astrid

This post was written by...

– who has written 2514 posts on WeSewRetro.com.

Archive from Blogger's posts / Archive from Blogger's website

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

jessicathecat August 1, 2011 at 12:29 am

I think if you used iron on tear away (or wash away, if prefer) stabilizer under the areas of the ribbon (and appliques too) application you would have much less trouble with the stretching issue.

I like the dress, very cute.

Reply

Astrid August 1, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Thanks for the compliment and the tip, jessica. I'll have to try that. I also got another tip to try bias tape, so I've got some options.

Reply

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: