Flowers and polka dots dress

by Archive from Blogger on June 21, 2011 · 6 comments

in Vintage Sewing

I made a dress with altered collar and placket pattern pieces from this vintage ’60s sewing pattern.


I used a recycled t-shirt for the bodice, and re-drafted the collar and placket pattern pieces. So, the neckline is wider and lower than the original pattern.


The result is a retro and comfy, summer dress.


If you would like to see more information about the process, and more pictures, please check out the entry on my blog. Thanks!

This post was written by...

– who has written 2514 posts on WeSewRetro.com.

Archive from Blogger's posts / Archive from Blogger's website

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Sewly a Harpist June 21, 2011 at 12:39 pm

That is a great dress.

Reply

Janna June 21, 2011 at 3:32 pm

What a cute dress, love the colours, it looks great on you.

Reply

Katrina - Edelweiss Patterns June 21, 2011 at 9:25 pm

That is beautiful! The combination of solids and prints is just great!

Happy sewing,

Katrina
http://www.edelweisspatterns.com/blog

Reply

Laceflower June 22, 2011 at 9:47 am

You do great work and love how you see to repurpose in very creative ways.

Reply

learningnewtricks June 22, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Quite lovely, and the colors look super on you. I love your adaptations, and how you refashioned the t-shirt into such a cute dress.

Reply

Anonymous June 23, 2011 at 9:58 am

Thia looks great! I love it!

Reply

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: