Today I finally finished a sewing project that crossed off a couple of firsts for me. My first vintage sewing pattern and my first pair of shorts. Making a pair of shorts was one of my goals for my 101 in 1001 and I am so happy I can cross it off my list. To start sewing with vintage patterns was one of my new years resolutions for this year. It has only taken me half the year to get started on that goal. Woops! I have another 2 in my stash I want to make as well before the year is out.
I used New Look 6252 which I bought from the op shop for $2. The material was purchased at Spotlight about a year ago and I can’t for the life of me remember what sort of fabric it is. I know it is something the usually use to make school shorts. It is extremely soft which makes them super comfortable.
For more pics check out my blog post at Petticoats & Peplums!