Simplicity 6382,Simplicity 8244.

This is what I made last Friday from two patterns dating from the 1970′s and I am quite pleased with the result.Just a few pictures on my blog.

Thanks,
Catherine.

• Meet the Author • urban rustic

I am mostly self taught and dabble in dress making,crocheting,lace making and knitting with a blast on the glue gun every now and then.At the moment I seem to make clothes from the 1970's and am in love with anything maxi.

• Oh my goodness! This is absolutely fabulous!I love the top so much!

• I like how you put it all together. Very nice!

• Thank you both for your kind comments!
    Catherine.

• I adore your lovely outfit, takes me back to my younger days!!

• Oh, you are a woman after my own heart! Most of my patterns are of peasant designs from the 1970s. Bought most of them recently although I'm 55 and have been sewing since I was 11. I've been through so many style phases but always come back to this one. It's comfortable, easy to sew and appropriate for a wide rage of ages and body types. I'm tall and slender so I hem my skirts below mid calf and wear them with granny boots or platform sandals and vintage jewlery. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

• Thank you Brocobelle!

Linda,Thank you too.I always loved that tiered peasant style and am so pleased it is "back".I used to have lots of white cotton and lace petticots to go under the skirts so have to make some of them now also!!

« LAST POST