Been sewing to close up my gaps

by Archive from Blogger

in Vintage Sewing

Hi everyone, recently I launched an idea to close up the gaps in my closet. This skirt has been hanging in my closet for five years without much to match it. Well, I am planning to sew things to match what I have in my closet already. No more singles! This is the first project. This Blouse pattern is a favorite of mine. Check out more at http://vintagegirl68.blogspot.com/

Archive from Blogger's posts / Archive from Blogger's website

Emma O W May 18, 2011 at 11:11 am

What a great idea! I'll have to remember that for once I'm done filling the other kind of gap in my closet (i.e. the one from lack of clothes). :)

Very cute blouse. I love how it's a little sturdier style and it really works. I would just automatically have gone with something daintier, but this is so much better.

Renee May 18, 2011 at 1:32 pm

What an adorable outfit! I love the flower in hair! They (skirt, top, and flower)all work together well.

Anonymous May 18, 2011 at 11:36 pm

What a great idea. Sadly at the moment all I'm fixated on are jackets! Its getting into winter, and I pretty much have a jacket for every day of the week, but that doesn't matter!

Nathalie May 19, 2011 at 7:10 am

Love what you've done with the collar opening. I've only ever seen it done the other way before, i.e. main bodice part buttoning over the shoulder part, but you've reversed here to really nice effect. Don't know whether it was your idea or the pattern's, but it places the piping in a much nicer position!

Vintage Girl May 19, 2011 at 8:26 am

There were no buttons for this pattern, it was just what I did. the piping is part of the pattern. It's a stretch material and feels so easy to wear! Thanks for your kind comments!

Joan May 19, 2011 at 9:48 am

I love this outfit and think you have paired it so well. Love the scalloped skirt and the top is beyond adorable with the super cute hair too!! Nice job!!!

The Sew Convert May 19, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Very sweet and lovely combination!