Aloha

Hello everyone! I am new to the blog and new to sewing as well. My husband got me a sewing machine around a year and a half ago and now I’m hooked. After reading this blog it makes me want to sew and make beautiful clothes like all of you.

Can anyone recommend any beginner sewing blogs for me to follow? Or any fun blogs in general, I need some friends on here :)

Photobucket
This is the first dress I have made. It took a long time, but it’s finally done and I am ready for my next project.

Photobucket
Showing off my pockets, the hardest part!

If you would like to read more then check out my blog.

• Meet the Author • Miss Crayola Creepy

In my past life I was a flapper. Today, I am not as exciting. I just like to read, sew, cook, obsess over Old Hollywood stars, and design things on the computer.

• Hi Erin, You did a really good job on the dress .It looks great!
    with regards to blogs to follow there is so many. off course there's the more well known ones like Tilly and the buttons.Gertie's new blog for better sewing,Casey's elegant musings. I 'd suggest a good place to start is the list of sew retro contributors that should keep you busy for a while. There is freeneedle.com as well which is a site with lots of free tutorials. Off course I'd love it you 'd check out my blog.

• The dress looks very good! And you can't go wrong with black.
    Male Pattern Boldness is a favorite blog of mine, and also Rhinestones and Telephones.

• Love your dress.

To find blogs you like, start by looking left. The list of "our sewers" here on Sew Retro will lead you to a host of blogs.

Once you find some you like, start looking at the blogs those bloggers like.

There are tons of sewists of all levels out there ready to provide you with inspiration and support. Have fun!

• Once you get that sewing bug, there's no stopping you! Besides all of the other mentioned sites, check out Tasia at SewAholic, dianassewinglessons.blogspot, 365 days of sewing, Sew Weekly, buzzybeesworld.blogspot (known as pattern ~ scissors ~ cloth). There are so many to pick from. Have fun on your sewing journey.

• Personally, I like a dress a day
    to keep me inspired, but it's really not about "how to" sew, but you'll learn that just with experience. I have what I think are really good patterns for beginners, but judge for yourself:

Good luck, and welcome to Sew Retro!

• Your dress is very pretty, and I think I have the same shoes :) It's not a blog, but if you haven't already you should go check out the Vintage Pattern Wiki
    vintagepatterns.wikia.com

• I highly recommend Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing!

It's a good mix of inspiration and how-to, all with an intelligent perspective and vintage flair.

• Thank you for being so encouraging and for all the good links!