≡ Menu

Advise please!

Hi everyone! I was hoping to get some input on what color to use for my self-drafted 1950’s inspired fitted jacket. (Muslin not showing sleeves but the finished jacket will have those. Also, a thin belt at the waist and covered buttons).

I have decided to use a linen fabric as this will be a spring/summer jacket but have no idea in what color.  I would love to hear from you! Either comment here or visit my blog Creative Accomplishments!
{ 9 comments… add one }
  • A.J.A. May 3, 2011, 11:21 pm

Oooh! Lovely! With your blonde hair and it being spring/summer, I vote Kelly Green. Can't wait to see your finished jacket! Nice work!

• Relished Artistry May 4, 2011, 1:06 am

Beautiful! It's gonna be a real eye catcher! Since it's spring, I think a cheery color would be a great option. And since it's linen, which has a relatively matte texture as a whole, perhaps something that augments that? Maybe something in a rose or french blue? Or jade? Have fun! It'll look gorgeous!

• VeraVenus May 4, 2011, 5:00 am

Well I really like how it looks in the neutral muslin colour… but tomato red would look amazing too.
    Hopefully when you go shopping ypu'll just see a colour that shouts "I'm the one!!"
    It's looking great so far.

• Vintage Fabric Addict May 4, 2011, 5:44 am

Looks really good! I think Olive green, it goes with everything and is always flattering. Good luck!

• Sophia May 4, 2011, 9:07 am

Blue, green or yellow. For summer.

• JennySlash May 4, 2011, 9:51 am

I'd go with navy or a pretty French blue…or robin's egg blue. It depends on what you'll be wearing it with. Navy is a better neutral and works with white, ivory, tan and red – so you could use the jacket to anchor a wardrobe of smart retro separates!

• Kelly May 4, 2011, 12:46 pm

So beautiful! I would love to see it in navy linen. So versatile for spring and summer!

• Claire May 4, 2011, 3:17 pm

Amazing! I adore it!!!!

• sweet jane. May 6, 2011, 12:26 pm

I think navy blue or nile green would be fantastic!