Vintage Sewing

Simplicity 8684

April 7, 2011

After a few months of making mostly 50’s and 60’s looks, I thought I’d give the 70’s a try.  I recently made two dresses from this pattern, View 3:

Photobucket

I first made a wearable muslin out of this thrifted sheet.

Photobucket

Then I made another one out of this cotton I picked up at the antique store for $8.

Photobucket

Both were incredibly easy to make and I love how they turned out. I’ve already worn the blue and yellow one.

Photobucket

I also bought a new (vintage) sewing machine and completely overhauled my sewing room. You can read all about it on my blog.

XXO,
Amy

  1. I am not a fan of the 70s but I have to admit that those two dresses are very adorable. Good job
    I find this blog by chance and I am loving it.

  2. those dresses are cute. The pattern envelope makes the dresses look scary-short, but your finished dresses make them look quite wearable!

    Good job!

    -d

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.