Simplicity 4203

by Archive from Blogger on March 28, 2011 · 7 comments

in Vintage Sewing

I just got around to finishing this dress this weekend after getting frustrated with the collar a month or two back, but now it’s finally done!

So ultimately I really like this pattern, my only difficulty with it was the collar. It worked out though!
I really love dresses with embroidery on them and I used the embroidery pattern that came with the dress pattern.
I originally meant for this to be more of a winter dress which is why I at first used the longer sleeves. I cut them shorter though and I think I’ll be able to get a lot of use out of this dress all year around.
I loved the fabric I used for this so much! I have no idea what it is anymore, though I know I got it at Joann’s a while ago. It’s a stretchy dark blue with a sort of shine to it.
See more at my blog!

Archive from Blogger's posts / Archive from Blogger's website

Jenny @ Kerrfect! March 29, 2011 at 1:17 am

I tried several times to leave you a comment on your own blog, but they weren't working. I think this dress is lovely with just the right amount of embellishment! Perfect!

Sofia March 29, 2011 at 1:37 am

what a wonderful dress! your blog is lovely as well but I also couldn't comment there!

Anna Depew March 29, 2011 at 4:42 am

This is just beautiful! I can't believe that you did the embroidery! I'm so intimidated by the embroidery on my vintage patterns, having never done any myself. Did it take you very long?

Jose March 29, 2011 at 5:58 am

It is cute and elegant.

Seattle Real Estate

Little Black Car March 29, 2011 at 10:16 am

I just saw this pattern online yesterday and am determined to find one in my size, or near enough my size that I can enlarge/shrink it a bit to fit. It's adorable.

Withlovewinnie March 29, 2011 at 11:55 am

Thank you!! I didn't know that about the comments but I think I just fixed it!

Anna- I haven't actually done much embroidery either! This was my first time to do it on a dress. I just followed the directions on the pattern on how to do the stitches. It took my a couple days to finish but it was worth it.

MarieBayArea March 29, 2011 at 4:00 pm

I really love this cool and pretty dress. Your embroidery work is beautiful. I admire your skills.