OK, folks, I need some help dating one of my vintage machines and getting some spare parts.
- “New Home Light Running Rotary” in a cabinet.
- Serial no. is ALB201 which means it was manufactured by Free but badged “New Home”.
- I have the original “Guarantag” dated Feb 20, 1951 but no model number. I’m looking to find the date of manufacture, not date of sale.
- A mark that looks like an arrowhead with an “8″ underneath also appears on the machine.
- The machine is goldtone and is electric powered with a Westinghouse motor
I need to acquire:
- New automatic bobbin winder rubber wheelie – the rubber is completely rotted
- Rubber wheelie thingy that goes from the motor to drive the handwheel – there’s a groove in the rubber that causes major slippage
I’m refreshing my vintage machines, so I can use them again and I’ve hit a wall here.