I am a little ahead of schedule on my one skirt per month. I have finished my skirt for February – McCall 8086 from 1950.
|Front McCall 8086|
This skirt is made in a heavy dark brown twill. I used a vinegar/water solution to set the pleats. Speaking of pleats, I had a hard time figuring out the instructions on how to make these pleats. Multiple degrees and I still have a hard time deciphering pattern instructions. If you would like to learn more about the sewing process on this skirt and for many more pictures, check out my blog.
I had to make changes to the length of the pleats. Being a shorty, I never considered the length of the pleats before trying on the skirt. Ugh, they ended in an unattractive place. A few minutes with the seam ripper solved that problem. Zipper is centered again. It was a little more problematic than usual for a centered zipper due to operator error – I moved the pins without thinking.