New Year sewing

January 9, 2011
Having made a resolution to sew at least 12 garments this year, I spent the first 2 days of 2011 sewing up my frist 2 items!
The first was McCalls 4728, a 1942 issue pattern which I have a reproduction of.
The pattern was pretty easy to follow, although as the first true vintage pattern I’ve used, I found the lack of explicit instructions a bit nerve wracking at times!
This dress has lots of nice features, like darts, gathers and bound buttonholes and I’m very pleased with the result!
Then I made this simple dirndl skirt which closes with a tab and button. This was based on instructions on Gertie’s Blog for Better Sewing and was really simple to make.
There are more pictures and details on my blog and at pattern review.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.