My version of this early 20th century reproduction hat pattern:
The fabric is a medium-weight cotton from Tessutti fabrics that I’ve had for a while. I didn’t line it so it would stay floppy. The hummingbird is vintage from l’ucello in Melbourne. If you make this pattern, I would suggest making a muslin to get used to the all the clipping and notching that needs to be done on the curves. I made a large and I would also leave a little extra seam allowance on the band next time – it didn’t quite match up even with extra clipping so there’s a little puckering on the back top. Otherwise, it was really easy – I made it in one night! More on my blog Turnips and Toile.