Vintage Maternity

by Archive from Blogger on November 10, 2010 · 10 comments

in Vintage Sewing

Hello all! I am currently about four months pregnant and have been stocking up on vintage maternity patterns the past few months, and working hard to get some outfits finished. This is the first. The top is McCall’s 6576 from 1962 and the pants are McCall’s 6771 from 1963.

Read more about it on my blog, The Vintage Wife.

Archive from Blogger's posts / Archive from Blogger's website

Catholic Bibliophagist November 10, 2010 at 3:52 pm

It looks great! My mom, whose pregnancies were during the '50s and early 60's was wondering just the other day why girls didn't wear cute maternity smocks any more. (Most of the pregnant women around here seem to wear tight knit shirts, often with the belly hanging out, exposed. Not an attractive look!) I'll tell my mom that you are leading the vanguard back to smocks.

Robyn November 10, 2010 at 3:59 pm

You are awesome. I wan't to do the same thing when I am pregnant. Note to self.

Sarah November 10, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Super cute!! They are so flattering on you :)

Rachel November 10, 2010 at 5:57 pm

You look great! What does the top of the pants look like? (If you don't mind me asking).

Tilly November 10, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Oh wow, you look gorgeous! Great colour, and love the styling of the photo.

Cedar November 10, 2010 at 6:18 pm

Thank you everyone!

Rachel– The top of the pants is a kangaroo type pouch/cut out with a tie string closure.

Nathalie November 11, 2010 at 5:51 am

Let me join the others in saying how nice it is to see some vintage maternity patterns put to good use! I only started sewing after having babies, which is a shame as I would have definitely rocked that look!

Sarah Elaine November 11, 2010 at 7:02 pm

ooooh! Love love love!!! This is really motivating me to have some babies! :D

I absolutely love the photo, so much fun!

ilovedolly November 15, 2010 at 9:37 am

Loving your vintage chic maternity stylings. Much nicer than the manky joggers I wore through most of mine. :-)

Bessie B. November 16, 2010 at 11:50 am

I really love your outfit! Someday, when I am pregnant, I am determined to make darling vintage cloths for myself too. :) I especially love the top–the color is fantastic! Great job!