Ready for the Luau

by Archive from Blogger

in 1960s

This is my version of Polynesian Pattern 203 Waioli from the late 60′s/ early 70′s.  When I saw this pattern, I had to have it.  I loved the vibe.
This is my version
It was not the easiest pattern to sew even though there were not many pieces.
I did make many changes to the pattern. Notably, I did an FBA which turns out was unnecessary. In fact, I had to take in the sides by a couple of inches. Also, the neckline is too big and another bar of bias binding was needed to hold the neckline in place. Check out my blog for the details and many more pictures!

Now, of course, I need to either get on a plane for Hawaii or wait for the warm weather to return.

This post was written by...

– who has written 2514 posts on WeSewRetro.com.

Archive from Blogger's posts / Archive from Blogger's website

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Hapa Racing Chic November 8, 2010 at 3:43 pm

Luv it ! Very cute

Reply

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: