1950s

Summer Playsuit

July 18, 2010


In about April I saw a few playsuits in shop windows and became obsessed with the idea of making one. I found a pattern that I liked – Simplicity 2567 – although it was for shorts and T-shirt separately. I was able to use the most fantastic floral fabric by taking apart a pleated skirt (handmade) I found in a charity shop. It was a bit of a squeeze to get the pattern out of the one skirt: I had to use a contrast fuchsia pink for the pockets and neck facing, and I had to reuse the skirt’s original waistband as the waistband of the playsuit. I did an exposed zip at the back since I’m still loving colourful exposed zips and Barry, the nice man who runs a fabric stall on the market, was able to source me lots of vintage metal zips with different coloured tapes. I absolutely adore wearing this – so comfortable! so summery! – and have already cut out another one.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.