Poll: Which Dress Pattern Would You Use?

I’m buying 2 sheets like the one below from Regency Cottage on etsy, and I can’t wait to sew with them!  They’re SOOO much cheaper than buying fabric yardage, they’re already soft, and they’re PRETTY! I may tea-dye them a little once I get them, but we’ll see…..

So here’s the problem…. WHICH DRESS do I make??? Each sheet is 70″x84″, so I’ve got a fair amount of fabric to work with.

#1) Inspirational dress from etsy – won’t be hard to throw together based on my measurements, etc.
#2) Re-issued pattern I bought and haven’t made up yet. Not sure I’ll be able to make the skirt that full, but I wouldn’t be wearing a crinoline with it anyway.
#3) Vintage pattern I bought and haven’t made up yet.

#4) Yet another vintage pattern I bought and haven’t made up yet.
What do you all think?  Which would you choose?  Would you tea-dye this and line the bodice with muslin, or just leave it ivory and line the bodice?  So many choices! so fun!! Thanks for your 2 cents!

• Meet the Author • Archive from Blogger

• No.3 is my fave. I love the scalloped edge on the front.

• I love them all, I can see your dilemma! My personal choice would probably be no1 for that floral fabric. No.3 really reminds me of the Anne Adams dress below which Christine made up because they have that same scallop edging. I absolutely adore no.4 such a girly style but might overdose on it if you add in the fabric?

Sorry I can't answer your other questions but look forward to seeing the finished article :-) x

• i say #4,
    in regards to the reissue, my friend made it with a not so full skirt and had huge issues with it sitting right.

• I like three best : )

• #3 is my fave. I must say… our pattern stashes seem veeeery similar. Thought you'd snuck into my house as I have all of those except numver 4. The fabric is really pretty – I think tea dyed would look lovely. Monique xx

• I love number 3
    I think the sheets would look great tea-dyed as well

• #3

• I like #2 and no tea-dying.

• I agree with Molly, they are a lovely selection to choose from. I like number 2 myself, but this could be because winter has just started down here in the southern hemisphere and I am dreaming of summers days already….

• So cute.. I've only just found this blog but I'll keep coming back. I just bought an old cream lace dress that I'm thinking of tea-dyeing so this post is a bit of a coincidence.
    Meanwhile your readers might be interested in this pattern for women in a certain.. condition!! http://stylewilderness.blogspot.com/2010/05/maternity-mystery.html

• I think that the Butterick reissue would be very pretty. The neckline is very cute and would be a great opportunity for an accent color.

Of course, reissue patterns don't fit the same as the vintage ones. For a lot of sewers, that's a positive. But for those of us who like the fit of truly vintage patterns, it can be frustrating.

• Wow, sounds like #2 and #3 are both getting lots of votes! Hmmm I may have to sleep on this!

Thanks, JennySlash, for reminding me about the reissues not fitting like the originals; I don't have an hourglass shape, so in a way that's not such a bad thing! LOL

And thanks, Anonymous, for the insight about your friend's trials with making the skirt less full on the reissue. Duly noted. May end up meaning that I can't use that pattern, if I can't fit it all on the fabric I've got.

And Monique, you've got great taste! LOL!

Thanks everybody for the feedback. Anybody else got an opinion/insight? Thanks!

• #2 and no dying. You may have to line the bodice. With the full skirt should you not have any see-through. Good luck! I love sewing with bed linens :)

• Number 3 is beautiful!

• i love that inspirational dress from etsy and i love number 3 with the scalloped detailing.

• I made #2 and it fits like a dream. I love how the vintage patterns aren't so "bare", that is, they are shoulder baring without letting it all hang out in the underarm area. It does require a strapless bra, however…

• About your inspirational dress: I saw someone wearing one at a BBQ in St. Louis for the 4th. Seriously, and yes I'm sure it's that dress. The fabric and the pleats, in particular, are the same.

The odd thing is that I sold one on eBay myself in 2004 or so…which is the other reason I recognized it. I think it's a Stacy Adams?

In any case, I'm curious what part of the country you are from.

-Nicole