I’ve been working on the trousers from Simplicity #3688. The original pattern was from 1941:
I made it out of some amazing navy blue, English lightweight wool that I found in a charity shop. I am really happy with how it turned out! They are super comfortable:
And the back:
I did a tissue fitting and then another fitting with all the pieces pinned together and I didn’t need any alterations. I love that they are high-waisted and very comfortable. You’ll recognize the blouse as the DuBarry pattern from 1942 that I put together a couple of months ago.
I also did my first lapped zipper:
You can read more about it at my blog. I’m working now on a few blouses to go with my new trousers!