I’ve been working on a 1940’s skirt to match the blouse I recently made. I decided to use the skirt from this Hollywood 1521 pattern:
I had to shorten it about two inches to fall where it does in the picture (just below my knee). I made it out of a wonderful purple cotton fabric that has a bit of stretch to it.
Here it is with the blouse:
And here’s a fun shot:
The best part (besides having a lovely purple skirt to match my blouse) is that I think I have enough of the purple fabric left to make the matching jacket from the pattern. Which of course, will lead to making a new blouse (like the one in the pattern). The possibilities are endless! Check out more pictures at my blog.