This is the pattern cover. I made the view in the middle out of fake silk shantung.
Back view. The lighting makes it look so wrinkly and lumpy. It doesn’t look that bad in person. I like my hair.
But I post it because while it is not an epic fail, I doubt I will ever wear it. The bust area fits terribly. It rides up, it has lumpy seams. Overall, it sucks. But, hey- I thought I would share it anyways.
Pattern notes: the bodice should have been shortened for petites, but there was no line for it. Advance patterns have bad instructions. I didn’t realize how low the back drops, so you can’t wear a bra, so the bust was extremely gaping, and I had to try to fix it too late. But, none of that would apply if I was patient and made muslins. I enjoy slapping things together, so I refuse! haha.
more pictures, details and whines here!