This is a retro-style suit I made from a self-drafted pattern. It was my first swimsuit and my first attempt at drafting, so it was a long process. I eventually gave up the drafting and just improvised. I documented it in exhaustive detail on my blog, Chronically Uncool. All the posts about this adventure are tagged as “Swimsuit Experiment“.
This is actually a two-piece suit that looks like a one-piece. The little undershorts are separate. I also made a removable bra with huge gel stuffers built in. It’s ridiculous, but effective! All the construction details about the stuffer and (with/without pictures) are mixed in with the rest of the swimsuit experiment posts.
I’ve only been sewing for a year, and I made a wearable swimsuit! If you’re afraid of swimwear, please reconsider! It was a really fun project.