Little Miss Shirley

I have posted this pattern before, making the bib, but I decided to give the full-size bib/apron view a whirl. I now have some serious respect for mothers who made their own bias binding…yards and yards and yards of it. So inconvenient, but yet so fun. I really like the way it turned out and plan on making many more. I think making and attaching bias binding will become a new obsession for me…maybe.

The pattern is dated 1936 from Butterick with all pieces intact, never used (except by me).

• Meet the Author • Archive from Blogger

• So precious! I love it!

• Great pattern and your choice of colors, especially making the stripe binding is awesome. Sew ON!

• Just Darling!! Good Job!

• Almost makes me want to have a kid that’s so cute! Great job!
    PS-making bias binding is my new addiction.

• She is adorable! I think I just melted… but maybe that’s because it’s 90 degrees here.

The bias binding is such a nice touch. Love your choice of patterns! I’ve started making all my own bias binding too, instead of using purchased; I find that it turns a seam finish that usually looks (to me) like a lazy and cheap cheat into a deliberate and stylish choice.

• That is just absolutelty adorable. I love the striped binding.

• Thank you for all the positive comments. I just adore sewing vintage patterns, so much class and style. I love visiting here everyday to see what you all have done.

• Absolutely charming! Love the dots and stripes and the model is a cutie…on the good ship lollipop.
    I bought some bias tape makers a while back and can’t wait to see how mine come out.

• Very, very cute!!!

• This bib is very cute and it’s nice to hear that 1936 pattern finally is being used!

Are you making continuous bias binding? It seems easier to me than the cut and stitch method. Here is a three part description of how to do it:

• So very, very adorable! The apron in itself is sweet, but it’s the darling girl that really makes it. Look at those lovely eyes, and those gorgeous ringlets! Too, too precious!

• Thank you, Mary. I will check it out. I actually did use a continuous method. What I have really been wanting to learn is how to attach where the edges meet (like on a quilt) without lapping to really perfect the technique.

« LAST POST