I made the long sleeved version of this lovely dress in a navy blue wool, which I think would be dated around 1966 or so.
The only modifications I made were to shorten the long sleeves to three quarter length and hem the sleeves with a narrow band, use an invisible zip and made a lining for the dress. The dress is a little roomy because I added extra to the seam allowances to allow for my measurments against the pattern measurements, totally forgetting how much ease these vintage patterns have! However I quite like it how it is. This was such a quick and simple dress to make, I may make another perhaps with a contrasting front panel or some piping along the seams to make the front panel stand out more.
More details and photos at my blog. Thanks for reading!