…getting there…

September 26, 2006

Here is my July project. I might not be able to wear it this year (though it was 83 degrees last week) but at least it has been washed and dried and is all cut out. See?

However, the big news is that… surprise!!!

I am done with my August projects. Here is the proof.

Simplicity 5914
Here is the gray skirt, front and back and the back of the red skirt.
(At this point, I got frustrated with setting my camera up for the timed shots and besides the front of the red skirt looks exactly the same as the back anyways.)

Here they were hanging in my closet last week to let the hems stretch.

Finally, the hand sewn hems.

In addition, I did start planning my September project. This one is very simple. It has been laying low in my sewing drawer for over a year, ever since I found this incredible fabric at Old Navy. It was actually a skirt, a 13 1/2 inch long skirt. No wonder there were so many on the clearance rack!

Well, when I held it up to waist to see just how short it was, my first thought was “cocktail apron” Not the apron that you actually cook in but the one you change into when your guests arrive and all that’s left to do is make a mighty fine cocktail. I definitely see mine worn with cigarette pants and ballet flats.

  1. well done, you’re doing so well getting your projects done! I can’t wait to see the apron, it will look so good in that print!

    I still have August and September projects to get done, one day I’m sure I will!

  2. That is a fantastic idea! I was thinking “apron” for this month’s project, but was too engrossed in Rennaisance Faire costume (WAY retro) to go fabric shopping. Never thought of using a skirt and I think I have just the one. A Hawaiian print waiting around to have it’s busted zipper mended. So long zipper, hello apron…

Leave a Reply to Marissa Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.